Malai kofta with gravy Recipe. So malai kofta literally translates to koftas dunked in a creamy sauce. It is a popular Indian vegetarian dish in which potato paneer balls are served with a The gravy is super flavorful, well balanced with a natural sweetness that comes from onions and tang from tomatoes. Making malai kofta at home does.
There are many variations of the Malai kofta Recipe. in this recipe the curry or gravy is made from ground cashew paste, onion paste and tomato puree. I have had malai kofta only once in my life time. This is the second time but I made it myself. You can cook Malai kofta with gravy using 19 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it. The Best Malai kofta with gravy Recipe – Recipe: Yummy Malai kofta with gravy
Ingredients of Malai kofta with gravy Recipe
- Prepare 2 of onions.
- You need 4 of tomatoes.
- You need 10 of cashew nuts.
- Prepare 2-3 tsp of Butter.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of turmeric powder.
- You need 2 tsp of kashmiri chilli powder.
- It’s 1 tsp of Coariander powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of cumin powder.
- Prepare of Salt for taste.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of garam masala.
- It’s 2 of garlic, 1 piece ginger.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Water.
- Prepare of Kasuri methi.
- You need of For Kofta: -.
- It’s 2 of boiled n mashed potatoes.
- Prepare 200 gm of grated paneer.
- You need of Salt for taste.
- Prepare 1 of n 1/2 tbsp cornflour.
- You need of Oil for frying.
First time I had in a restaurant But comes out really tasty. Its similar to the cauliflower kofta curry I had posted before. You can eat the koftas as such too or float it in this rich gravy. For the gravy, blend together the onions, garlic, ginger, poppy seeds and nuts in a food processor to a purée.
Malai kofta with gravy step by step
- Preparations for gravy : 1 grind onions, tomatoes, garlic, ginger and cashew nuts in mixer..
- Heat up a pan; put some butter and add this puree into it. Add turmeric powder, kashmiri chilli powder, coriander powder, cumin powder, and salt. Mix it well. Now add water into it..
- Let the puree get cooked well at low medium flame for 5 to 10 minutes..
- Add garam masala and kasuri methi, boil for 5 minutes..
- Preparing kofta: 1 take a bowl, add mashed potatoes, grated paneer and salt. Mix it well. Now add corn flour. Make balls of this mixture..
- Take oil in the frying pan. Fry the kofta balls to golden brown colour..
- Place koftas in a shallow plate, pour hot gravy on them 5 to 10 minutes just before serving..
- Serve this malai kofta with roti/naan or bhakris 😊.
Heat the oil, then fry the onion purée until just turning brown. Add the puréed tomatoes, spices and sugar. The gravy should be quite thick, but if you want to thin it down a bit, add a little water. Malai Kofta is made in a thick creamy gravy made from ground cashew nuts, onion, tomato and various spices. The gravy for malai kofta has a Sometimes in restaurants malai kofta is also served with a white gravy.