Dad's Famous Buttermilk Pancakes Recipe. Dad's "Clean Your Plate" Buttermilk Pancakes. My Dad has the hands that feed. He stirs a pot of his famous spaghetti sauce like he's melting down gold.
They weren't fluffy, they were thick and we were unimpressed. The extra sugar in the batter isn't necessary for buttermilk pancakes, but we like a lot of buttermilk flavor. The BEST Fluffy Buttermilk Pancakes you'll ever try – promise! You can cook Dad's Famous Buttermilk Pancakes using 8 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it. The Best Dad's Famous Buttermilk Pancakes Recipe – How to Make Perfect Dad's Famous Buttermilk Pancakes
Ingredients of Dad's Famous Buttermilk Pancakes Recipe
- It’s 2 cup of all-purpose flour.
- It’s 2 tsp of baking powder.
- You need 1 tsp of baking soda.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of salt.
- You need 3 tbsp of sugar.
- It’s 2 of eggs.
- Prepare 3 cup of buttermilk.
- You need 4 tbsp of unsalted butter.
This easy to follow pancake recipe yields super delicious and totally amazing pancakes every time! So much better than a box mix! I used uncultured buttermilk, and the pancakes were thin and rubbery. Perhaps Martha meant to state that the buttermilk should be cultured.
Dad's Famous Buttermilk Pancakes instructions
- Mix dry ingredients in large bowl..
- In separate bowl, mix liquid ingredients adding butter (melted) last..
- Combine by slowly mixing wet into dry ingredients, always lightly stirring..
- Let sit, not refridgered, about 15 minutes so mix can rise..
- Use 3 ounces per pancake on a 350-375 degree griddle..
- Bubbles should appear on top of each in two minutes, then flip for another minute or so and serve. Bon appetite!.
One of the BEST buttermilk pancake recipes I have found. The Martha Stewart remark about not over mixing is. Classic Buttermilk Pancakes — made completely from scratch! The buttermilk also gives these pancakes a great flavor, a very subtle tang that's typical of a classic buttermilk pancake! We cracked the code on the buttermilk pancake that made IHOP famous.