Plantain pancakes (5 ingredients) Recipe. I already have a recipe for plantain flour pancakes but I admit that it is quite tricky to make egg-free due to the gelatin. Unlike the banana pancakes, these paleo plantain pancakes remind me of "real" pancakes. The starchy nature of plantains makes a batter that A greener plantain makes for a less sweet pancake that acts and tastes more like a traditional pancake.
You may not want to take my word for it. I am not a fan of flourless, sugar and dairy free pancakes. The two ingredient plantain pancake just doesn't taste like pancakes. You can cook Plantain pancakes (5 ingredients) using 5 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it. The Best Plantain pancakes (5 ingredients) Recipe – Recipe: Delicious Plantain pancakes (5 ingredients)
Ingredients of Plantain pancakes (5 ingredients) Recipe
- Prepare 1 of medium ripe plantain.
- You need 1 of egg.
- It’s 1/2 cup of whole milk.
- You need 1/3 cup of self raising flour.
- You need 1 tbsp of Coconut oil.
Let sit for five minutes until thickened with an egg-like consistency. In a medium bowl whisk together the millet flour, baking powder, sea salt, baking soda, and cinnamon. In a blender add the plantain, almond milk, vanilla extract (optional) and flax seed mixture. If I had it my way, I would start every morning with something savory.
Plantain pancakes (5 ingredients) step by step
- Slice your plantain into the goblet of your blender, add milk and egg; blend till smooth..
- Transfer the contents of the blender into a bowl; add flour and mix till smooth..
- Set a pan over medium heat, brush with coconut oil and pour 1/3 of the batter into the pan. Cook for 2-3 minutes, flip and cook for another 2 to 3 minutes..
- Repeat the process for the remaining batter. Your pancakes are ready!.
- Tip: in the absence of self raising flour: 2tsps baking powder + 1 cup flour = 1 cup self raising flour. *For whole milk: 1/3 cup powdered milk + 1 cup water = 1 cup whole milk..
Something warming and salty and usually oozing with egg yolk. ⅔ cup shortening or lard. Boil and mash plantains; add flour and butter and mix thoroughly. Plantain pancakes are ultimate comfort food made from plantains and a few other ingredients. They are very light and tender almost like the french crepes. This easy Plantain Pancakes Recipe is the perfect high-protein breakfast.