Giant Jaffa Cake!! 😀 Recipe. How to Make A Giant Jaffa Cake – Also Known as a Jaffa Cake Cake! Follow the Jaffa Cake Recipe Below which will show you how to make a Giant Jaffa Cake. Giant Jaffa Cake: I was shocked to find that no-one has yet posted a recipe for a giant Jaffa Cake on here, so here goes my first Instructable.
The previous Great British Bake Off winner, Frances Quinn, decided to go about setting a new world record However, the debate wages on in the UK public, with everyone absolutely torn. Of course it has 'cake' in the name, but then it has. Try this indulgent giant jaffa cake recipe. You can cook Giant Jaffa Cake!! 😀 using 12 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook it. The Best Giant Jaffa Cake!! 😀 Recipe – Recipe: Perfect Giant Jaffa Cake!! 😀
Ingredients of Giant Jaffa Cake!! 😀 Recipe
- You need of Sponge.
- It’s 55 grams of sugar.
- Prepare 55 grams of margarine.
- Prepare 1 of egg.
- It’s 55 grams of self-raising flour.
- You need 1 pinch of salt.
- You need of Jelly.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of cointreau (optional).
- You need 1 tbsp of marmalade (optional).
- It’s 135 grams of orange-flavoured packet jelly (i just used a normal packet of jelly cubes).
- Prepare of Chocolate Topping.
- You need 150 grams of plain chocolate.
For more dessert and children's recipes, head to Tesco Real Food. Little ones will love helping to make this giant version of the classic jaffa cake. A light and springy sponge is topped with chilled orange jelly then covered in a layer of melted dark chocolate. Assemble the cake: turn the cake the right way up.
Giant Jaffa Cake!! 😀 step by step
- Preheat oven to 190C / Gas mark 5.
- Make your jelly first, else you will be waiting on it later. To start, add 1/2 pint of boiling water over the jelly in a glass jug (notice we do not use the full amount as only using 1/2 pint really worked for me).
- Once the jelly is all disolved, add the optional marmalade and cointreau.
- To create a perfect jelly mould, line a small cake tin with cling film (helps when you take it out) and pour your jelly mixture into the tin. Allow it to cool before placing into the fridge to set (time varies depending on your fridge, but it took about 45 mins for me).
- While the jelly is setting, make the sponge. First, mix together all of your margarine and sugar together to create a smooth buttercream-like mixture. Then, beat the egg in a glass jug and gradually add to your butter and sugar. Sieve in your flour, making sure the end result is smooth and lumpless. Finally, just add a pinch of salt.
- Place your cake mixture into a greased cake tin, then create a small dip in the centre of the cake to account for the rise that will occur during cooking, then place in the middle of your preheated oven and bake for 15 – 20 mins, until lightly brown and a knife or skewer can be poked into the centre of the cake and come out clean.
- By this point, your jelly should be done. Put your jelly in the freezer for 10 – 15 mins to stop it melting when you pour the melted chocolate over it.
- To melt the chocolate, break it up into small pieces into a glass bowl. Melt it over a small pan of water on a low heat, stop heating it once it is smooth and lumpless.
- Take your jelly out of the freezer and place it on top of the sponge, leaving a 2 – 3 cm margin around the edge. Allow your chocolate to cool slightly, and then pour over the top of your sponge and jelly, completly covering the top. Once this is done, put your nearly completed Giant Jaffa Cake in the fridge to let the chocolate set.
- Your done!! Enjoy your Giant (and slightly alcoholic) Jaffa Cake!! :D.
- Don't forget to add photos and comments. If you have any questions, feel free to ask me :).
It should have risen without a peak but if the top isn't flat, trim it with a knife to level it out. Working quickly, before the chocolate starts to set, use a skewer to make marks in the top like a jaffa cake. Any ideas on how I can go about making a huge Jaffa cake? I thought that I could just make a normal sponge cake but cut it in half, and then just put melted ch. Learn how to make Giant Jaffa cake and get the Smartpoints of the recipes.