Sweet Onion, Apple and Bratwurst Campfire Chili Recipe.
You can cook Sweet Onion, Apple and Bratwurst Campfire Chili using 18 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that. The Best Sweet Onion, Apple and Bratwurst Campfire Chili Recipe – Easiest Way to Cook Appetizing Sweet Onion, Apple and Bratwurst Campfire Chili
Ingredients of Sweet Onion, Apple and Bratwurst Campfire Chili Recipe
- It’s 6 slices of peppered bacon.
- It’s 6 of bun-length Bratwurst sausages, sliced and diced into bite-size pieces (about 1 pound).
- You need 1 of medium sweet onion, chopped, 1.5 cups.
- It’s 2 of large Granny Smith apples, peeled and chopped.
- It’s 1/2 of medium green bell pepper, chopped, 2/3 cup.
- It’s 1/2 of medium red bell pepper, chopped, 2/3 cup.
- Prepare 2 cloves of garlic, minced, 1 tsp Minced.
- It’s 1/3 cup of light brown sugar.
- You need 2 (16 ounce) of cans chickpeas, drained.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of onion powder.
- You need 1 teaspoon of garlic powder.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of salt.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of pepper.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cups of shredded white Cheddar cheese.
- You need of Crusty bread, if desired.
- It’s of Optional, SPICY Bratwurst, or 1 can of ROTEL Diced Tomato & Chili’s if you like it HOTTER.
- It’s of Suggested Wine pairing: a Chardonnay.
- It’s of Nutrition information per serving: about 893 cal., 44 g pro., 66 g carbo., 51 g total fat (23 g saturated), 143 mg chol., 2,408 mg sodium, 11 g fiber.
Sweet Onion, Apple and Bratwurst Campfire Chili step by step
- Preparation at home: Slice and dice Bratwurst; chop onion; peel and chop apples; chop peppers, and mince garlic. Store each ingredient separately in sealed plastic bags..
- At the campfire site: On a grill rack over a medium-height campfire, cook bacon in Dutch oven until crisp. Crumble and set aside (bacon may be done at home but save grease for Dutch oven). Add bratwurst to pot and cook until brown and crispy around edges. Add onion, apples, green bell pepper, red bell pepper and garlic. Cover and cook for about 5 minutes or until vegetables are soft..
- Sprinkle with brown sugar and continue to cook until sugar melts, stirring well. Stir in chickpeas, onion powder, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Cook uncovered for about 10 minutes, stirring often. Remove from campfire..
- To serve, ladle into 4 bowls and top with shredded Cheddar cheese and crumbled bacon. Serve with crusty bread, if desired. Makes 4 servings..