Bacon-Cheddar Meatloaf Recipe.
You can cook Bacon-Cheddar Meatloaf using 19 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that. The Best Bacon-Cheddar Meatloaf Recipe – Recipe: Tasty Bacon-Cheddar Meatloaf
Ingredients of Bacon-Cheddar Meatloaf Recipe
- You need of Loaf:.
- Prepare 2 slices of bacon, diced.
- Prepare 1 of medium onion, chopped.
- Prepare 3 cloves of garlic, minced.
- It’s 2 of large egg yolks.
- It’s 1 Tbsp of Dijon mustard.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of hot sauce.
- It’s 1 Tbsp of Worcestershire sauce.
- You need 2 Tbsp of heavy cream.
- Prepare 1 tsp of salt.
- You need 1/2 tsp of pepper.
- It’s 1 lb of ground beef chuck.
- You need 8 oz of ground pork.
- Prepare 8 oz of ground veal.
- Prepare 8 oz (2 1/3 cups) of sharp cheddar, shredded.
- It’s of Glaze:.
- You need 2 Tbsp of tomato paste.
- You need 1 Tbsp of balsamic vinegar.
- It’s 2 Tbsp of water.
Bacon-Cheddar Meatloaf step by step
- Preheat over to 400°F..
- Cook bacon in a medium nonstick skillet over medium-low heat, until crispy and fat renders, about 10 minutes. Remove bacon with a slotted spoon to a paper towel-lined plate, reserving renderings in the skillet. Cook the onions and garlic in the pan drippings until brown, about 15 minutes. Let cool..
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl whisk the eggs, mustard, hot sauce, Worcestershire, cream, salt and pepper. Add the meat, cheese, parsley and cooked onion. Chop and add the bacon. Mix with a fork until evenly blended. Whisk the glaze (tomato paste, balsamic vinegar and water) together in a bowl..
- Dampen hands with water and on a foil-lined cookie sheet, pat mixture into a loaf shape. Bake until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the center of the loaf registers 155°F, about 1 hour. Spread the glaze onto the meatloaf after about 50 minutes. Let loaf rest for at least 10 minutes before serving..