Tiganites (Greek traditional pancakes) from Samos Recipe. Some Greeks believe the popular breakfast dish 'tiganites' was the first documented pancake in the world. There is nothing more special than Yiayia's cooking and a traditional Greek snack "made with love" by Yiayia is Tiganites, which are the Greek version of mini pancakes. There is no added sugar in this recipe and you can eat them drizzled with honey, sugar, jam, cheese or any topping of your choice!
I saw the Greek version of pancakes usually served with honey. When I read the recipes, I found there were two recipes for the tiganites. One is like the usual pancake made with flour, milk and eggs but the other one was made with yeast and had no eggs. You can have Tiganites (Greek traditional pancakes) from Samos using 7 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it. The Best Tiganites (Greek traditional pancakes) from Samos Recipe – How to Make Tasty Tiganites (Greek traditional pancakes) from Samos
Ingredients of Tiganites (Greek traditional pancakes) from Samos Recipe
- You need 500 of gr self rising flour.
- You need 1 of egg.
- You need 1 tsp of salt.
- You need 1 tsp of sugar.
- Prepare of lukewarm milk, as much as it takes to make a very soft dough that is rather sticky.
- Prepare 5-6 tbsp of olive oil for the end of kneading so that the dough doesn't stick.
- You need of cheese or honey to top it.
So I chose to make the yeasted tiganites. Delicious traditional tiganites that you can have either with cheese or with honey. Authentic Greek Food Recipes, Greek Desserts Recipes. Recipe for Tiganites – Greek Style Pancakes.
Tiganites (Greek traditional pancakes) from Samos instructions
- Mix all the ingredients together in order to have a very fluffy dough that somewhat sticks to the hands. In order for it to not stick, coat your hands with olive oil. The dough has to be slightly softer than that of bread. Cover with a towel and leave it to rest for about 1 hour..
- Form little balls out of the dough and roll them out into small pitas with a rolling pin, place them on a clean towel and fry in hot olive oil flipping them with a fork so that they don't get too crispy until they get golden brown and rise..
- Place them on absorbent paper to drain and serve hot with cheese or honey..
This recipe actually has its roots in Ancient Greece but it is still being cooked throughout Greece today. After the pancakes are done, they are typically served with a drizzle of honey and a. The Greek pancakes were far from the sophisticated modern French crêpes but had much in common with the American pancakes and the Russian blini. In the Modern Greek cuisine there is a great abundance of similar recipes for "tiganites" – the Modern Greek word for that sort of fried dough. This is one of the famous traditional Greek of Pancakes, try and taste the feeling of those old. – Recipe Other : Tiganites: greek pancakes by If you prefer a thinner pancake, add a little more milk to the batter.