Healthy Meat-Bean Chili Recipe. By Lori Powell and Janis Jibrin, RD. Stir in one can low-sodium black beans and canned no-salt-added diced tomatoes. Beef and Bean Chili Cooking Tips.
The iron from the beans in your chili is really good for you. A lot of people don't get enough iron in their daily diet. Iron helps to circulate oxygen through the body. You can cook Healthy Meat-Bean Chili using 22 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you cook that. The Best Healthy Meat-Bean Chili Recipe – Easiest Way to Make Delicious Healthy Meat-Bean Chili
Ingredients of Healthy Meat-Bean Chili Recipe
- Prepare of Chili.
- Prepare 1 can of 15 oz black beans.
- Prepare 1 can of 15 oz Bush's original baked beans.
- You need 2/3 cup of water.
- You need 1 tbsp of dark brown sugar.
- It’s 1 tsp of canola oil.
- Prepare 1 lb of ground turkey.
- You need 1 cup of sweet onion.
- Prepare 1 of red bell pepper.
- You need 1 of green bell pepper.
- Prepare 5 slice of hickory-smoked bacon.
- You need 1 1/2 tbsp of chili powder.
- You need 1 tbsp of cumin.
- You need 1 tsp of dried oregano.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of crushed red pepper.
- You need 1 jar of of store-bought salsa.
- You need 1 can of 14 oz less-sodium beef broth.
- Prepare 6 oz of can of tomato paste.
- Prepare of Topping.
- You need 1/2 cup of reduced-fat sour cream.
- It’s 1/4 cup of fresh cilantro.
- You need 1 tsp of lime juice.
But no matter how strictly you plan to adhere to your Get the Recipe: Weeknight Two-Bean Chili. Meatless Monday, an international movement, encourages people everywhere to cut meat one day a. Use these Chili Beans as a base for a batch of chili. Here's the recipe QUICK CHILI: The mildly spicy sauce makes these beans a perfect base for making a quick batch of chili–for Say goodbye to canned beans with this easy, healthy, vegetarian recipe. www.theyummylife.com/chili_beans #chili.
Healthy Meat-Bean Chili instructions
- Combine black beans, water, and sugar in a food processor; process until smooth..
- Combine bean puree and remaining beans in a bowl..
- Heat a large saucepan over medium-high heat; coat pan with oil..
- Add turkey to large saucepan; cook 3 minutes or until browned, stirring to crumble..
- Remove turkey from the pan and set aside..
- Add chopped onion, bell peppers, and bacon to the pan; cook 5 minutes or until bacon and onion are lightly browned..
- Return turkey to the pan..
- Combine chili powder, cumin, oregano, and crushed red pepper and mix in a small bowl..
- Add chili powder, cumin, oregano, and crushed red pepper to pan; stir well to coat..
- Stir in bean mixture, salsa, tomato paste, and broth; bring to a boil..
- Reduce heat and simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally to ensure chili doesn't stick to the bottom..
- Combine sour cream, cilantro, and lime juice in a small bowl..
- Serve chili with sour cream mixture..
Add some healthy soy protein to your homemade chili with this meatless tofu chili recipe with kidney beans and veggies. Two users have given this For something a little different, try this vegetarian white bean chili recipe – it's completely meat-free and much lower in fat than the usual white bean. It's filled with delicious and healthy things like beans, meat, veggies, potatoes, and sometimes grains. This year I intend to stray from my standard chicken-and-beans chili recipe and experiment with new and exciting variations. My late father in law used to make amazing chili.