Mike's 7 Pepper Salsa Roja Recipe. Salsa Roja is one of my favorites. As mentioned, Salsa Roja varies from restaurant to restaurant. We've been to a LOT of Mexican places, as well as Some prefer more lime, some more peppers, some more tomato.
Salsa Roja (Mexican Red Sauce) is delicious and easy to make. This recipe uses roasted Fresno & Serrano Peppers for a robust and rich smoky flavor. Drizzle with plenty of olive oil and season well with salt and pepper and sprinkle with cilantro sprigs. You can cook Mike's 7 Pepper Salsa Roja using 23 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it. The Best Mike's 7 Pepper Salsa Roja Recipe – Recipe: Perfect Mike's 7 Pepper Salsa Roja
Ingredients of Mike's 7 Pepper Salsa Roja Recipe
- It’s of ● For The Salsa [all peppers deseeded].
- It’s 1/2 of .LG Green Bell Pepper.
- It’s 1/2 of LG Red Bell Pepper.
- You need 1/2 of LG Yellow Bell Pepper.
- It’s 1/2 of LG Orange Bell Pepper.
- It’s 2 of LG Fresh Jalapeños.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Red Pepper Flakes.
- Prepare 6 of Roma Tomatoes.
- You need 1 (10 oz) of Can Rotell [with green chilies].
- You need 1/2 tsp of Fresh Ground Black Pepper.
- Prepare 1 of Mediun Red Onion.
- You need 7 Cloves of Fresh Garlic.
- You need 1 Cup of Fresh Cilantro [packed].
- Prepare 2 of LG Tomatoes.
- You need 1 tsp of Mexican Oregano.
- It’s 1/2 tbsp of Ground Cumin.
- You need 1/2 tbsp of Granulated Sugar.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Kosher Salt.
- You need 1 tbsp of Lime Juice.
- It’s 1 (14 oz) of Can Vegetable Broth [as needed].
- You need of Baking Soda [add in 1/4 tsp increments to reduce acidity].
- It’s of ● For The Additions.
- You need as needed of Tortilla Chips.
Salsa Roja might sound exotic to gringos but it roughly translates as red sauce, a simple nomenclature that includes any salsa made with tomatoes as the base. If you're using tomatillos as the base then you've officially entered green sauce territory, i.e. The easiest version to make is one. Our salsa provides more chunks with less liquid in every scoop.
Mike's 7 Pepper Salsa Roja instructions
- Rough chop all vegetables and place everything in blender..
- Pulse mixture. Add vegetable broth if needed to thin salsa..
- Pour salsa into a pot and simmer for 10 minutes. Add 1/4 tsp baking soda to simmering salsa to reduce any acid. Add additional baking soda if needed..
- This recipe makes approximately 6 half pint jars..
Sold by Texas Triangle Grove and ships from Amazon Fulfillment. Flavor:Ghost Pepper Salsa – XXX Hot. Salsa roja, a simple yet flavorful Salvadoran cooked tomato sauce, is often served alongside pupusas and curtido. Puree the tomato sauce in a blender until smooth, adding a little water if needed. Add salt and pepper to taste, stir in cilantro if using and serve.