Chili Cheese Potato Skins Recipe.
You can have Chili Cheese Potato Skins using 11 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it. The Best Chili Cheese Potato Skins Recipe – How to Make Delicious Chili Cheese Potato Skins
Ingredients of Chili Cheese Potato Skins Recipe
- It’s 6 small of russet potatoes (about 3 in. long, select unblemished potatoes as we are using the skins.).
- It’s 1/4 cup of extra virgin olive oil.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of paprika.
- You need 1/2 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of pepper.
- You need 1/4 tsp of garlic powder.
- You need 1 cup of to 2 cup Chili (I use leftovers from when I make homemade, but you can use canned chili).
- It’s 2 cup of shredded cheese (I like cheddar or pepper jack).
- Prepare 8 oz of sour cream (will not use all).
- You need 1 of Optional – crumbled bacon (or Oscar Mayer Selects real bacon bits for a shortcut).
- You need 2 tbsp of sliced green onions or chopped chives – for garnish.
Chili Cheese Potato Skins step by step
- Scrub potatoes clean, poke a few holes in each with a fork or knife tip. Place in microwave and cook until fork tender, usually 12 minutes..
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl combine olive oil, paprika, salt, pepper and garlic powder. Set aside..
- When potatoes are done let cool until they are easy to handle. Gently slice potatoes in half lengthwise being careful not to tear the skins..
- Using a spoon carefully scoop flesh out of the center leaving behind about 1/4 in. intact on the skins. Again be careful not to tear the skins. (And let's not be wasteful. Save the scooped out flesh for another use like potato cakes, mashed potatoes or gnocchi.).
- Preheat oven to 450°F, brush each potato half with oil mixture, inside and out. Place skin side up on baking sheet. Bake for 10 minutes. Flip flesh side up so our little "wells" are ready to fill and bake another 10 minutes..
- Meanwhile reheat chili slightly in microwave. Warming the chili helps it spread out to fill the skins. Remove potato skins from oven. Fill each with about a tablespoon or so of chili (depends on how full you want them) and top with a small mound of cheese..
- Return to oven until cheese is melted, about 5 minutes. You can broil here, but only about 2 min for that and keep an eye on them so they don't burn..
- Remove from oven, top each with a dollop of sour cream, green onions/chives and bacon if desired. Eat and enjoy!.