Mike's Chile Verde Salsa & Chips Recipe.
You can have Mike's Chile Verde Salsa & Chips using 20 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you achieve that. The Best Mike's Chile Verde Salsa & Chips Recipe – Easiest Way to Cook Tasty Mike's Chile Verde Salsa & Chips
Ingredients of Mike's Chile Verde Salsa & Chips Recipe
- You need of Chili Verde Salsa.
- Prepare 2 (12 oz) of Cans Tomatillos [drained].
- It’s 1 tbsp of Dried Parsley [or 1/4 cup fresh].
- Prepare 1 lb of Hot Hatch Chopped Green Chili [drain & reserve juices].
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Dried Cilantro [or 1/2 cup fresh].
- You need 1 (4 oz) of Can Diced Chili.
- It’s 3 of large Jalapeños [chopped & seeds removed].
- You need 1/2 tbsp of Black Pepper.
- It’s 3 tbsp of Minced Or Pureed Garlic.
- It’s 1 of large White Onion [chopped].
- It’s 1 tbsp of Lime Juice.
- It’s 1 tsp of Cumin.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Sugar.
- You need 1 of large Avacado [optional].
- Prepare 1 tsp of Salt.
- Prepare of Tortilla Chips.
- Prepare 12 of Fresh Tortillas.
- Prepare 1 can of Spray Pam.
- It’s 1 Bottle of High Heat Oil.
- It’s 1 Bottle of Season Salt or Regular Salt Or Garlic Salt – Cayenne -.
Mike's Chile Verde Salsa & Chips step by step
- For the chili verde salsa.
- Dethaw and drain your 1 pound bucket of Bueno Hot Hatch Green Chili and reserve juices..
- Taste test your Verde and add any additions you may desire. You can also add an avacado to your Verde Salsa whereby making it, "Salsa Verde con Aguacate." It's a delicious and creamy dip that tends to tame the spices. Just know that by doing so, your salsa won't have as much of a lasting shelf life as without it..
- Drain both cans of Tomatillos and discard juices..
- Place all ingredients [except for reserved juices] in a blender and blend for 40 seconds..
- Place in a pot with a light splash of oil and simmer for 15 minutes. Chill again before serving..
- Allow ingredients to marry overnight in the fridge for best flavor. If planning to make Chili Verde con Aguacate, do not blend in avacado until ready to serve..
- Authors Note: If you find your salsa has an acidic taste from the green tomatoes, simply add 1/4 tsp baking soda to your boiling salsa and stir in. Don't be alarmed if your salsa foams up and looks slightly discolored. Both will quickly dissipate. Add an additional 1/4 tsp baking soda if the taste is still too acidic for your taste..
- Your reserved Hatch Chili juices should be used as a thinner instead of water..
- Cut tortillas into 6 triangle pieces. Place on cookie sheet and spray tortilla triangles with Pam. Sprinkle with a seasoning of your choosing..
- For the tortilla chips.
- Bake at 350° for 6-7 minutes but flip tortilla chips over at 4 minutes, spray again with Pam and season. Watch carefully at 5 minutes add they can burn quickly..
- If frying your tortilla chips, use room temperature tortillas and place 1 1/2" oil in a pan and fry for 2 minutes. Do not crowd chips. Drain on paper towels and season..
- If you find that your chips aren't firming up after your first small batch, [either baking or frying] dry your tortillas out slightly in the microwave. Or you can leave them out overnight uncovered..