Matt's Meatloaf Recipe.
You can cook Matt's Meatloaf using 12 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it. The Best Matt's Meatloaf Recipe – Recipe: Perfect Matt's Meatloaf
Ingredients of Matt's Meatloaf Recipe
- You need 1 tbsp of Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
- It’s 3 cup of Chopped Yellow Onion (3 onions).
- It’s 1 tsp of Fresh Chopped Thyme.
- It’s 2 tsp of Kosher Salt.
- You need 1 tsp of Freshly Ground Pepper.
- It’s 3 tbsp of Worcestershire Sauce.
- You need 1/3 cup of Chicken Broth.
- You need 1 tbsp of Tomato Paste.
- Prepare 2 1/2 lb of 80% Lean Ground Beef.
- It’s 1/2 cup of Plain Bread Crumbs.
- It’s 2 each of Extra Large Eggs (Beaten).
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Ketchup.
Matt's Meatloaf instructions
- Preheat oven to 325°F..
- Heat the olive oil in a medium sauté pan. Add onions, thyme, salt, and pepper and cook over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally for 8 – 10 minutes. Until the onions are translucent but not brown. Turn off the heat and add Worcestershire sauce, chicken stock, and tomato paste. Allow to cool slightly..
- In a large bowl, combine the ground beef, onion mixture, bread crumbs, and eggs and mix lightly with a fork. Don't mash, or the meatloaf will be dense..
- Shape the mixture into a rectangular loaf on a sheet pan lined with parchment paper. Spread the ketchup evenly on the top and bake for 1 – 1 1/4 hours, until the central temperature is 160°F..
- (Cooking with a bowl of water under the pan will stop the top from cracking.).