Apple Pandowdy Mold from Good Housekeeping's book of Menus, Recipes and Household Discoveries-1922 Recipe. Start by marking "Good Housekeeping's Book Of Menus, Recipes And Audible Barnes & Noble Walmart eBooks Apple Books Google Play Abebooks Book Depository Alibris Indigo Better World Books Be the first to ask a question about Good Housekeeping's Book Of Menus, Recipes And. From easy, delicious recipes the whole family will love and inspiring DIYs to creative projects to keep kids learning, we're sharing our best advice and ideas to keep you busy at home. Spiced apples, baked underneath a layer casual layer of sugar-rolled puff pastry, make this pandowdy the easiest fall dessert ever.
A Part of Hearst Digital Media Good Housekeeping participates in various affiliate marketing programs, which means we may get paid commissions on editorially chosen products purchased. I have a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or law. A statement, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information is accurate, and that you are the copyright owner or are authorized to act on behalf of the. You can have Apple Pandowdy Mold from Good Housekeeping's book of Menus, Recipes and Household Discoveries-1922 using 10 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook it. The Best Apple Pandowdy Mold from Good Housekeeping's book of Menus, Recipes and Household Discoveries-1922 Recipe – Recipe: Tasty Apple Pandowdy Mold from Good Housekeeping's book of Menus, Recipes and Household Discoveries-1922
Ingredients of Apple Pandowdy Mold from Good Housekeeping's book of Menus, Recipes and Household Discoveries-1922 Recipe
- Prepare 2 quart of quartered apples.
- Prepare 2 2/3 cup of pastry floor.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1 1/2 tsp of baking powder.
- You need 1/2 cup of shortening.
- It’s 1 1/2 cup of milk.
- You need 2/3 cup of brown sugar.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of butter.
- You need 1/2 tsp of nutmeg.
- It’s of Sweetened cream , plain or whipped..
The book is smaller than it was pictured, and what I expected, but I have to say that the recipes and household suggestions are quite good. The book is full of healthful foods for everyday as well as informal and formal occasions. All these discoveries from the old times are fun to make, without. Good Housekeeping's Book of Menus, Recipes, and Household Discoveries by Good Housekeeping) and a great selection of related books, art and collectibles available now at AbeBooks.com.
Apple Pandowdy Mold from Good Housekeeping's book of Menus, Recipes and Household Discoveries-1922 step by step
- Pare, core and quarter apples before measuring. Place in a well-greased pudding (9×13 baking dish works well) dish..
- MIx and sift together the flour, salt and baking powder..
- Rub in the shortening until well blended and mix to a dough just stiff enough to roll, with the milk (add milk a little at a time until dough is the right consistency)..
- Roll dough out to fit the pudding dish and make several gashes in the center..
- Place the dough on top of the apples and tuck in around the edges..
- Bake at 350° F for two hours or until the crust is well browned and the apples are soft..
- Then remove from the oven and allow to cool slightly..
- Take off the crust and cut it into thin slices..
- Then, add to the apples the sugar, butter and nutmeg..
- Arrange alternate layers of the apples and crust in a deep dish or mold, pressing the layers down carefully, cover, and let stand in a cool place overnight..
- Unmold, cut in slices, and serve with sweetened cream, plain or whipped..
Get the recipe for Apple Pandowdy »Romulo Yanes. While the "pan" part of pandowdy is obvious (it's basically an apple pie cooked in a skillet), the whole "dowdy" part remains unclear. We'll just go with the popular theory that it's basically a cute adaptation of the word dough. Read Jane Brody's Good Food Gourmet: Recipes and Menus for Delicious and Healthful Entertaining. Read Betty Feezor's Best: Recipes Meal Planning Low Calorie Menus and Recipes Food Preservation.