Meatloaf With A Twist Recipe. Meatloaf With a Twist. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. Next time I will addonions to the meatloaf that was the only thing missing. My kids both loved the gravey and used it on the meat and mashed Meatloaf with a Twist.
Be the first to review this recipe. Roll meat loaf like a jelly roll (the ham and cheese will look like a swirl in center of the loaf- thus the name"with a twist"). I started making these meatloaf-meatballs when our children were young. You can cook Meatloaf With A Twist using 22 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you achieve that. The Best Meatloaf With A Twist Recipe – Easiest Way to Cook Perfect Meatloaf With A Twist
Ingredients of Meatloaf With A Twist Recipe
- Prepare of Sauce.
- Prepare 1 cup of Ketchup.
- Prepare 1 cup of Water.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Better Than Beef Bullion.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Worcestershire Sauce.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of A-1 Steak Sauce.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Balsamic Vinegar.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Kosher Salt.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Ground Black Pepper.
- Prepare of Meatloaf.
- You need 2 lb of Ground Beef.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Bread Crumbs.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Whole Milk.
- You need 4 clove of Garlic.
- You need 1 medium of Onion.
- You need 1 medium of Carrot.
- You need 4 oz of Mushrooms.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Olive Oil.
- It’s 2 large of Eggs.
- You need 3 large of Hard Boiled Eggs.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Kosher Salt.
- You need 1 tsp of Ground Black Pepper.
I guess it's all about presentation. The meatballs were more appealing than the average meatloaf. When I fix these, I mix all my ingredients and meat together and let them marinate in the refrigerator for an hour or even longer. These creative meatloaf recipes put a twist on the classic meatloaf recipe with flavors from Asia, the Middle East, and other classic comfort food recipes.
Meatloaf With A Twist instructions
- To make the sauce, combine all ingredients for the sauce in a medium sauce over medium-low heat. Whisk to thoroughly mix. Bring the sauce to barely a simmer and remove from the heat..
- To add an extra dimension to the sauce, sauté 4 ounces (1/2 a package) of sliced mushrooms with olive oil in separate sauté pan until golden brown and add them to the sauce..
- To start the base for the meatloaf, finely mince the carrot, onion, garlic cloves, and 4 ounces (1/2 a package) of mushrooms..
- Sauté the vegetables over medium heat in a large sauté pan in a tablespoon of olive oil until soft..
- In a large mixing bowl combine the sautéed vegetables, bread crumbs, milk, salt, pepper, and eggs. Let this mixture sit for about minute to allow the bread crumbs soak up the milk..
- Add the ground beef to the mixing bowl. Use your hands to completely mix all the ingredients together. Your hands will get very messy, use gloves if desired..
- Place the mixture in the refrigerator for about a half hour to let it set..
- After the mixture had chilled, form a ball of meat with a hard boiled egg in the center. There should be enough to form 3 to 4 of these balls..
- Use rolled up tin foil to form a circle to stand the large meatloaf balls on..
- Cook in a preheated 350°F oven for about 45 to 60 minutes, until the outside is golden brown. Another option is to cook them on the grill with some wood chunks to add a little smoke flavor..
- Remove from the oven and let meatloaf rest for 5 minutes..
- Remove the foil. Slice, add sauce, and enjoy..
However, these awesomely creative meatloaf recipes put a twist on the traditional comfort food and are sure to please a variety of even the pickiest. You won't miss the grains in this Paleo Meatloaf! This recipe uses shredded apples in place of the bread crumbs, it is surprisingly light and has a hint of natural sweetness. As with all meatloafs (meatloaves?), the instructions are super simple. Mix meat, binder (an egg, in this case), and veggies together and bake them in a delicious, flavorful ketchup base sauce.