Quick Mexican Rice Recipe. This Mexican rice is cooked with onion powder, garlic powder, and tomato sauce for an easy side dish. Add green bell pepper, red bell pepper, or fresh tomato to the rice before simmering for extra flavor and color, according to your family's taste. Use chicken stock in place of water for even more savory flavor.
Looking for a Mexican rice recipe? Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic; cook and stir until onion is translucent. You can have Quick Mexican Rice using 12 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that. The Best Quick Mexican Rice Recipe – Easiest Way to Prepare Tasty Quick Mexican Rice
Ingredients of Quick Mexican Rice Recipe
- You need 1 cup of basmati rice.
- You need 1/2 of carrot.
- It’s 1/2 of capsicum.
- It’s 1/2 of sweet corn boiled and peeled.
- Prepare 2 of onions.
- Prepare 1 of green chilli.
- You need 1/2 cup of boiled Rajma.
- Prepare 3 of Dry Red chilli.
- It’s to taste of Salt.
- Prepare 4 teaspoon of Oil.
- It’s 3 cloves of Garlic.
- Prepare ½ tsp of Jeera powder.
This Mexican inspired side dish is perfect for those nights. It's super quick and much healthier than using a boxed pre-seasoned rice (also MUCH lower in sodium and made with real fresh veggies as opposed to dehydrated ones). Quick Mexican dishes are my favorite during the week. Tacos and fajitas are quick and easy.
Quick Mexican Rice instructions
- First take oil in kadai and sauté the washed and pre soaked basmati rice until light brown. Keep aside in a vessel add salt to taste and cook for two whistle. For one cup rice add two cups water do not add more..
- Take oil add grated Garlic and sauté for one min to this add onions green chilli and red chilli with a pinch of salt and cook well..
- To this add vertically chopped carrots and capsicum cook with a little salt. Once cooked add pre cooked rajma with salt. Close and cook for two mins..
- To this add sweet corn and mix well..
- Cook well add jeera powder..
- Then spread the rice over it but don’t mix immediately let it rest for 5 mins, if you mix immediately rice will not be separate..
- Once cooled mix from bottom to top do not mash it do it very lightly..
- Then add coriander and mix again lightly else will get mushy. Serve hot with tomatoe sauce..
I sometimes struggle with the side dishes. I came up with this Quick Mexican Rice recipe and it is a winner. It is just as good, if not better, than the rice at the Mexican place. It is super simple – rice, Rotel, chicken broth and a little chili powder. Mexican rice is the anchor of many excellent Mexican spreads, and having recently posted our recipe for Chiles Rellenos, I'm back with the perfect Mexican rice to go alongside.