Roasted cod with cavolo nero and salsa verde Recipe. Shred the cavolo nero leaves into bite-sized pieces. Put on a large platter or shallow bowl and top with the radishes. Just before the marrow has finished cooking, drizzle the dressing over the cavolo nero.
Instructions for the salsa verde: In a food processor, pulse the herbs, garlic, lemon zest and salt together, drizzling the olive oil in slowly until you've reached your desired consistency. Simple roasted cod (good for your heart) goes in between, creating a nice layered look you'd expect from a restaurant chef. Let's put some of those fresh, fire roasted green chlies to work for our dinner shall we? You can cook Roasted cod with cavolo nero and salsa verde using 11 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it. The Best Roasted cod with cavolo nero and salsa verde Recipe – Recipe: Appetizing Roasted cod with cavolo nero and salsa verde
Ingredients of Roasted cod with cavolo nero and salsa verde Recipe
- You need of Cod loin.
- You need Bag of cavolo nero.
- It’s Bunch of basil.
- You need Bunch of mint.
- You need Bunch of parsley.
- Prepare 1 of lemon.
- You need 1 tablespoon of dijon mustard.
- It’s of Olive oil.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of capers.
- Prepare 4 of anchovy fillets.
- You need of Salt & pepper.
This recipe for fire roasted green chili and onion salsa verde is. Earthy cavolo nero and borlotti beans make a great team in this chunky soup, especially when it's topped with a fiery, sweet and sharp chilli and tomato salsa. Arrange the cod on the foil in a single layer. Fold the sides of the foil over the fish to create a sealed packet.
Roasted cod with cavolo nero and salsa verde instructions
- Rinse then combine parsley, mint and basil and douse with olive oil. Chop finely to reduce in size..
- Add Dijon mustard, anchovies, lemon juice and capers and chop through until fine adding more oil to keep it together. You can do this in a blender but do it by hand if you have time as the smell is amazing!.
- Preheat oven to 180c, place cod loin on baking tray, season and add olive oil and roast for 10 – 15 mins (to suit)..
- Boil kettle and boil cavolo nero for between 5 a 10 mins. The stems take much longer than the leaves (I may remove stems next time to get a more even cook). Once cooked, drain and put back in pan with a knob of butter. Replace lid and let sit in own steam..
- Once cod is cooked, remove from oven. Add cavolo nero to plate, add cod and finally salsa verde. Finish with lemon juice, olive oil and season to taste. Serve immediately as cavolo nero gets cold very quickly..
Chef Daniel Mezzolo shares his super popular (and until now, secret!) recipe for his signature kale salad. Make sure you use Tuscan (lacinato or black) kale for the most authentic results. While it's roasting, make the salsa verde: put the anchovies in a bowl and cut into small pieces with a knife and fork (saves you a board to wash!). Serve the fish with plenty of Salsa Verde. Pulite le foglie di cavolo nero rimuovendo la costa centrale e conservando solo la foglia verde scura.