Mexican Rice Pilaf Recipe. Meal Ideas You'll Love To Serve From Classico's Dinner Recipes. Bring The French Quarter To Your Kitchen With Zatarain's® Recipes & Ideas For Inspiration. This rice came out very sticky and when I looked at the ratio of rice-liquid with your basmati rice pilaf, there is almost one cup more liquid with the Mexican rice recipe (not including the tomato paste) compared to the basmati pilaf.
A nice vegetable broth and tomato sauce give this rice pilaf a hearty flavor. Cumin, chili powder and jalapeno give it bite. And the chopped tomatoes and shredded cheese swirled in at the last minute, finish it perfectly. You can have Mexican Rice Pilaf using 5 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it. The Best Mexican Rice Pilaf Recipe – Recipe: Yummy Mexican Rice Pilaf
Ingredients of Mexican Rice Pilaf Recipe
- It’s 1 C of white rice.
- You need 2 C of chicken stock.
- Prepare 3 slices of bacon; small dice.
- Prepare 1 of tomato bouillon cube.
- Prepare 1 pinch of kosher salt and black pepper.
Stir in broth, rice, chili powder, jalapeno peppers, and cumin. Cover, and bring to a boil over high heat. Stir tomato and shredded cheese into hot cooked rice. Add the rice and broth, season with salt, and bring to a boil.
Mexican Rice Pilaf step by step
- Slowly render fat from bacon. When bacon is crispy, remove with a slotted spoon and set aside for use in another dish, snack, or garnish..
- In a seperate saucepan, heat chicken stock to a simmer..
- Add bouillon cube to hot bacon fat. Turn heat up to medium. Break up with a wooden spoon and stir until dissolved..
- Add rice to bacon fat. Turn up heat to high. Stir to coat. Add a pinch of kosher salt and black pepper. Add extra bacon fat, butter, or oil if additional fat is needed to coat every grain of rice. Cook for 1-2 minutes..
- Add chicken stock. Stir. Bring to simmer. Cover. Simmer on low heat for approximately 20-25 minutes, or until liquid has evaporated. Using a clear lid is very helpful. Remove from heat and allow to steam for 5 minutes. Do not remove lid until then. Fluff..
- Variations; Pigeon peas, butter, vegetable/canola/olive/peanut oil, onions, shallots, jalapeños, paprika, habanero, celery, celery seed, cumin, coriander seed, lime, crushed pepper flakes, cayenne, cilantro, chili powder, serrano, poblano, diced tomatoes, diced green chiles, tomato paste/puree/sauce, salsa, corn, zucchini, sofrito, vinegar, wine, beer, tequila, adobo, chipotle, ancho chile, vegetable stock, ground red pepper, ground jalapeño powder, dried minced onions, garlic, garlic powder, onion powder, bay leaf, annatto, saffron, parsely, bell peppers, lard,.
Share: With fabulously spicy Mexican flavor, jalapenos and chili powder give this rice a kick! Cilantro Lime Rice Pilaf is an easy side dish that goes perfectly with any Mexican-inspired meal. It is full of zippy lime flavor and cilantro. What kind of rice should I use? Any all purpose long or shot grain white rice is acceptable.