Brad's smoked bacon taco poppers Recipe. Bacon Wrapped Stuffed Jalapeno Poppers By: Smoked Meat With Jef Video tutorial on how to bacon wrap, stuff and smoke jalapenos on your meat smoker. Bacon jalapeno poppers are grilled, wrapped with smokin' bacon and baked for the perfect wood-fired twist on this classic BBQ recipe. Wood-fired bacon-wrapped jalapeño poppers are seasoned with Pork & Poultry Rub and baked over smoky mesquite for an epic game day appetizer.
Boring deep fried jalapeño poppers have got nothing on our smoked, bacon wrapped version! When it comes to unappealing food names, Atomic Buffalo Turds (a.k.a. ABTs) ranks at the top of my list. You can have Brad's smoked bacon taco poppers using 6 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that. The Best Brad's smoked bacon taco poppers Recipe – Recipe: Yummy Brad's smoked bacon taco poppers
Ingredients of Brad's smoked bacon taco poppers Recipe
- Prepare 12 large of strait jalapenos.
- You need 2 of 8 oz pkgs cream cheese.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of mild taco seasoning.
- You need 3 tbsp of prepared salsa verde.
- You need 1 packages of turkey bacon.
- It’s 1 of hickory wood for smoking. or other preferred wood.
However, when you cook these smoked bacon wrapped jalapeño poppers, they'll be gone faster. Smoked jalapeno poppers is one of the best party foods and are very easy to make. This recipe uses a secret ingredient that makes them better than ever before. Smoked jalapeno poppers was one of the first foods that I made when I got a smoker.
Brad's smoked bacon taco poppers step by step
- Remove tops of jalapenos. Cut in half and remove seeds..
- Mix room temperature cream cheese, salsa, and taco seasoning in a lg mixing bowl..
- Load jalapeno halves with mixture..
- Wrap with a slice of bacon. Secure with a toothpick if needed.
- Place on the middle rack of a smoker. Smoke between 150-200 degrees for 2-3 hours. I used hickory but any hardwood will work.
- Remove to a baking dish and finish in the oven at 400°F until peppers are done.
- Serve warm.
Wrap the bacon tightly around the popper. The applewood smoked bacon tended to be easier to wrap because it was thinner. The poppers need to be cooked but smoking them is fairly optional. Smoking them will result in the best flavor and the most moisture retention. Make these Bacon Wrapped Jalapeno Poppers as an appetizer for your next party night or game day!