Scallion pancake Recipe. Such an EASY snack or appetizer. The pancakes are great on their own, or paired with a soy sauce and vinegar based dipping sauce. Chinese scallion pancakes are always such a hit at dim sum.
The secret to layered, flaky, chewy-crunchy scallion pancakes? It's all in the roll (and the spin, and the re-roll). Not to mention the low and slow crisping. You can have Scallion pancake using 7 ingredients and 16 steps. Here is how you cook it. The Best Scallion pancake Recipe – Easiest Way to Prepare Appetizing Scallion pancake
Ingredients of Scallion pancake Recipe
- Prepare 200 gram of all purpose flour.
- Prepare 140 gram of boiled water.
- It’s 2 pieces of Scallion.
- It’s 8 gram of salt.
- It’s 15 gram of Oil.
- Prepare of Black pepper.
- It’s of White pepper (optional).
Scallion pancakes really are that easy to make home. I can't believe I've been ordering them from my neighborhood Chinese take-out, when I could have been making them all this time?! Chinese Scallions pancake also known as green onion pancake or Congyoubing is one of the famous and traditional Chinese street foods and ideal Chinese breakfast. Freezer-friendly & just as good as our traditional scallion pancake recipes!
Scallion pancake instructions
- Add 1 teaspoon of salt in the flour before putting boiled water in. Mix it with chopsticks (or spoon) until you can touch the dough by your hands.
- Knead the dough until the surface is slick. Cover it up with wet clothes for 20 mins.
- Roll the dough into a round(around 1 mm tall) sprinkle 8 grams of salt on the dough.
- Add oil on the top of the dough.
- Use the brush to spread out the oil.
- Sprinkle the scallions evenly. Add pepper.
- Roll the dough up gently.
- Close the edge on the side to prevent scallion from popping out.
- Hold the edge on both sides and twist them by different directions at the same time.
- Wind it into 2 circles on top of each others.
- Flat it into 5 cms thick. Cover it by wet cloth for 20 mins to 1 hr.
- Preheat the pan until you can feel the heat on top of it. Put the pancake in. Cook with medium fire..
- Flip it around when the bottom is golden brown(around 3-5 mins). Cover the cap to cook the other side until it golden brown.
- Add oil into the pan (around 20 grams) Pan- fry both side till it’s golden brown.
- Put it on paper napkin to absorb extra oil..
- Voilà ❤️.
Scallion pancakes might be one of our favorite appetizers ever. Crispy, flaky, and with the *slightest* bit of chew, it's easy to polish off a whole plate of them in minutes. An informative guide to making scallion pancakes. Dipping sauce suggestions are also provided. Scallion pancakes (Cong You Bing, 葱油饼) are a very popular staple food in China.